What to pack and need to knowWhat to pack and need to know https://100miler.ridethekaroo.co.za/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 100 Miler | RideTheKaroo 100 Miler | RideTheKaroo https://100miler.ridethekaroo.co.za/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
It’s been a busy start to the year with lots of preparation to make sure Ride the Karoo is memorable! We hope you’re as excited as we are! Herewith a brief list of essentials for the ride.
- Arrival: All participants can arrive any time from 14:30 on Friday 21 February.
- Registration will take place from 15:00-19:00 at Fairview Farm. (Please see location details below)
- Tent & room allocation: You will receive your tent & room allocation at registration.
- Massages: If you would like to book a massage, you need to book it in advance. It can be booked HERE
- Start time on 22 February: 100 Miler participants start at 06:30 and 50 Miler start at 07:30
- Departure: Participants are welcome to stay over on the 22nd of February with an early departure on the 23rd after having a coffee and the famous homemade rusks from tannie Annette. Breakfast buns will be for sale from 07:00.
WHAT TO PACK:
- We provide you with a tent and comfy mattress, remember to bring your pillow and sleeping bag, this is applicable for the upgraded tented accommodation as well. For those that have booked the upgraded room packages, bedding will be provided.
- Warm jacket for the chilly Karoo nights.
- Riding kit: Early bird participants will receive a complimentary cycling shirt in the goody bag
- The 160km riders are welcome to drop a tog bag off at breakfast which will be transported to the 3rd water point at Nieu Bethesda.
- COMPULSORY: 2 Water bottles (min 500ml) or a Camel Back Nutrition: Remember it’s a long day on the bike, pack something to nibble on.
- There will also be 6 water points on the 160km and 3 water points on the 80km.
- Don’t get “hangry”, bring some snacks.
- Cash: Bring cash for drinks, snacks etc. as there are no ATM’s (50km away) however there will be card failities and snapscan available (signal dependent)
- Personal Medication (If needed)
- Mandatory – Sense of humour
Please download the Ride Guide for everything you’ll need to know about your Karoo Ride. You’ll find info related to routes, time schedules, venue maps and more.
Take off-ramp into Middelburg. Carry on with main road (Meintjies st) towards a traffic light (the only 1 in town!) Turn right (coming from Colesberg or left coming from Graaff-Reinet), head on to a T-junction, turn left and 1st right into Richmond road (R398). Carry on with this road for approximately 48km. The farm Fairview will be on your left.
Take 1st gravel road just pass Richmond to the right on the R398. Carry on for approximately 65km. Fairview will be on your right